The DeNormandie family has been in the farming business for over 100 years. In the late 1800s, James DeNormandie and his son William purchased a farm in Lincoln, Massachusetts. They ran a dairy with pure-bred Guernsey cattle. In the 1930s, James's son Robert and his son James DeNormandie took over the farm and expanded the herd to approximately 125 Guernseys. It was one of the top herds in the country, and one of the main sources of income to the farm was the sale of purebred Guernsey bulls. In 1950, Philip DeNormandie began working on the farm. By the early 1960s, he was in charge of the herd and responsible for their daily feeding.

In 1963, Philip's father James closed the farm and sold the herd. Through his college years, Philip utilized the land to grow hay and sold it locally. His sister Victoria now manages the Lincoln farm and hays the fields today.

In 2000, Philip DeNormandie started the farm in Fairhaven, where he now raises natural Angus beef for the local Boston market. Prior to becoming the DeNormandie farm, the land in Fairhaven was owned and operated by local Portuguese farmers that had been on the land since the turn of the century. There is also speculation that prior to the farmers, the Native Americans utilized the land in Colonial times for agricultural purposes and for shell fishing along the shore.

Today, the DeNormandie Farm grows all of the hay and corn that feed the Angus herd. The farm land extends from Fairhaven into the towns of South Dartmouth and Mattapoisett, Massachusetts. The DeNormandie family has protected over half of the farm through conservation easements. They sold major forested portions to the Town of Fairhaven for conservation purposes, and they retained the open fields for agriculture and livestock grazing.